What do volunteers do?
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities and strive to match those with your interests and talents. YOU can make a positive impact on the individuals and families we serve.
Depending upon your time and expertise, you can choose from a variety of tasks such as:
- cleanup and landscaping around the SLI homes
- repairs at any one of our 21 homes
- help with fundraisers
- paint the interior of our homes
- serve on the board or special event committees
- share a skill with our clients
- spend an evening socializing with our clients
- spend an evening playing games with our clients
SLI supports the efforts of individuals with diverse abilities to achieve independence and actively participate in the community.
Join us so you, too, can make a difference and help people with intellectual disabilities achieve their goals.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the application form online or mail your application to Karen Streeter, SLI, 3401 SW Harrison Street, Topeka, KS 66611.