To: All SLI parents, families, administrative personnel, board of directors and volunteers
Good afternoon all,
I hope this finds everyone healthy. So far, SLI clients and employees have remained healthy overall for which we are extremely grateful.
As you are all aware, our clients and their staff are isolating in the SLI homes. While we are staying in touch every day and certain deliveries are being made by supervisors, this can be very lonely, isolating and for some, depressing. In an effort to try to alleviate some of this, we are implementing an “Adopt-A-Home” program.
Some ideas of things one might do for the clients and employees may include:
- Drop off a DVD(s) and popcorn for a movie day/night
- Drop off baked goods, casserole or snacks
- Have a pizza or other food delivered
- Drop off games, puzzles, craft items
- Drop off your favorite recipe with ingredients so the clients and employees can make your favorite recipe
- Mail a letter/postcard
- Make regular (maybe weekly) phone call to say hello and tell employees thank you
- Make goodie bags and drop off
- Gather your friends and family to parade outside the home stopping in front to flash your car lights
- Deliver flowers
These are just a few ideas and I am sure that you can all come up with additional ways to help our clients and employees feel connected, cared for and appreciated during this time.
We ask that you call ahead to let staff know if you will be delivering something or having a dinner delivered so they can plan accordingly. We ask that all deliveries you might make be dropped off at the front door. Ring bell or knock and staff will come outside to pick up. If handling food to be delivered, please use recommended hygiene practices such as washing hands with warm soap and water for at least 20 seconds prior to handling. Do not cough or sneeze over food. Sanitize surfaces food may touch during preparation.
Each person “adopting” a home will be given an essential personnel/volunteer letter in the event Shawnee County goes to stay at home order.
Our goal is to have at least one person assigned to every single home by the end of this week. Please help if you can. We can do this together!
Lisa Jackson, President/CEO