March 18 - 7:48 pm
To: SLI clients, parents, families, guardians, employees, board and stakeholders
Good evening to all,
First and most importantly, as of this hour, all of our clients and employees are well and exhibiting no symptoms to our knowledge. There has been one travel situation reported and that person has not been at any SLI home or other facility since returning from travel ( no positive testing) and will not be until instructed that it is acceptable (by health authorities and SLI protocols).
Secondly, there are just a few minor updates related to the continual changes taking place and as it relates to SLI:
- SLI has taken complete inventory of all PPE that is currently at SLI owned homes, in SLI owned vehicles, and that has been distributed to administrative personnel. There is a complete inventory of that equipment that we maintain a supply of and in order to replenish as well. Inventory will be taken every Wednesday until further notice.
- Groceries will be ordered online every week for the SLI homes. However, we have to follow protocols in place for those stores as well which include only being able to place an order two days in advance and having orders not ready for pick up for possibly a few days. We have made plans to adjust for this so no one runs out of food.
- Our Quality Improvement Director, Anita Mitts, has put together some goodie bags that are being delivered to each home for the clients that include things such as art supplies, games, activities and other items – thank you Anita.
- An order for some PPE supplies was able to be made today in order to be prepared to replenish our stock.
- We are ready to implement next phase of our plan should Shawnee County prohibit any gathering of 10 or more. For the most part, this is already being implemented agency wide with minor exceptions regarding family visitors and community employment. We are strongly urging all employees to follow this practice regardless of any mandates in order to reduce exposure chances.
I continue to be so appreciative of our employees. I have been overwhelmed with pride and honor to get to work with such remarkable people. People, without question, stepped up to work together to do whatever needed to be done and who have voiced commitment of preparedness to continue to do so for the health and well-being of our clients, employees and families.
I am also so very grateful to those of you who have taken a moment to send encouraging words, ideas, donations and prayers. Please keep it coming. Especially for our front line staff.
You can leave messages or ask questions if you wish, as follows, to:
Please remember to check for updates and pass on to your friends and family on SLI website, Facebook and Twitter.
Here’s to a restful and healthy evening for all,
Lisa Jackson, SLI and FSLI President/CEO