March 15 - 3:57 pm
First, I send sincere thanks and appreciation to our employees who have stepped up in a remarkable way to address issues related to the virus. I also want to express my appreciation to all who have offered to help by getting extra supplies to us such as non-perishable food, hand sanitizer, disinfectants, toiletries and cash donations. This is so incredibly important right now. We are definitely taking on extreme, unexpected expenses related to this situation. Some of these include additional staff overtime, additional supplies, food and water for 150 people, the addition of staffing hours during the day to support our clients at home rather than sending them to their day programs and numerous others.
The senior leadership team of SLI will be meeting tomorrow morning, 3/16/20, to review all protocols, assignments and processes of our infectious disease plan. We will provide regular updates on our website, Facebook and Twitter. Please check, encourage others to check and share those sites with those you know who may be concerned.
Some of the protocols we will be covering tomorrow include but are not limited to:
- Medication, PPE, grocery and supply update/inventory
- Staffing updates
- Tracking protocols related to client and staff travel, potential exposure and symptoms
- Client physician visit protocols
- Emergency on-call system and back-up
- Screening checklists and procedures
- Medication delivery protocol
- Petty cash for homes and on-call for emergencies
- Disinfecting updates
- Remote access for administrative personnel
Again, I send my sincere thanks to all of SLI employees and all those concerned for your support.
SLI & FSLI President/CEO