SLI supports the efforts of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve independence and actively participate in the community.
To accomplish the mission of SLI, the organization will:
- Offer guidance to clients in determining and following their chosen path in life.
- Enhance clients’ individual capabilities and skills by offering life-long learning opportunities.
- Engage clients, families, guardians and staff in developing plans and measuring accomplishments.
- Promote clients rights through education and advocacy.
- Provide safe living and working environments.
- Ensure that trained staff are provided to increase client independence and participation in the community.